January 4, 2010
How to Know When Your Web Strategy Needs Help
On companies’ list of goals, we have found that improving web strategies is often towards the top of the list. Analyzing if a web site needs to be updated can be difficult. There are many objective and subjective elements that go into answering this question:
- Does your web site have a competitive design?
- Has your web site remained unchanged for 2 or more years?
- Is the information on your web site still accurate?
- Can visitors to your web site easily find the information they are looking for?
- Is your web site compliant with current standards?
- Does your web site integrate with your Social Marketing efforts such as Facebook and Twitter?
All of the elements listed above are important, but there is one item that is most important: does your web site convert? A web site conversion is the ratio of visitors who follow through with desired actions.
So, if you have an e-commerce web site, are you selling your products as well as you could be? If you are a service firm, are you generating the maximum number of new business leads? Does your web strategy even have established conversions? If not, your web strategy should be updated.
Always remember, if you need professional assistance with your web strategy, you can always contact WebConnection.