This statement discloses the privacy practices for the entire web site.WebConnection may collect implicit information on an anonymous basis from users who visit our web site, for aggregate statistical analysis and site customization. Implicit information is data that we can gather about the user without asking them. Importantly, aggregate statistical analysis means that WebConnection reviews trends based on information as a whole, but does not do so in an effort to identify the individual identity of the visitor to its site.
We also may solicit email for site feedback, business development and other forums. WebConnection may use this information for future marketing but does not disclose the information solicited from our web site to third parties or affiliates.
When you use our email feature to email another individual any content on our site, such as a case study, we may collect information about the email sender and the recipient. We may use this information to email information about WebConnection time to time. We will not share this information with any third parties or affiliates.
IP addresses may be logged to track a user's session. An IP address is the unique numerical identity of your computer. When we "log" an IP address, it means that our web site associates a visit or series of visits to that unique numerical identity.
Any personal information that you voluntarily provide to us will be collected and used by us on an internal basis only. Unless we tell you otherwise at the point on the site where the information is collected, we do not share any personal information about you with third parties or affiliates.
WebConnection collects the visitor's domain name (e.g. whether the user is logged on from "foo.com"), referral data (e.g. we record the last URL a user visited prior to clicking to WebConnection), as well as browser and platform type (e.g., a Microsoft browser on a Macintosh platform). We also count, track, and aggregate the visitor's activity into our analysis of general traffic flows at our sites (e.g., tracking where traffic comes from, how traffic flows within WebConnection.com).
Data Security Guidelines
For ourselves and our clients, we strive to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information. To that end, the following security policy is followed by WebConnection and is recommended in order to safeguard and secure the information collected online.
- We will strive to maintain the latest technology, policies and procedures to protect sensitive information.
- We abide by the PCI (Payment Card Industry) standard.
- We will limit at all times the exposure of sensitive information.
- We will minimize the need to transmit, communicate or store sensitive information.
- We will guide our clients in the implementation of proper security practices, including, but not limited to the storage and protection of their sensitive information.
- We will adhere to and abide by the governing law at all times.
- We will maximize logging and record keeping in our secure applications and aid computer forensics in any way possible.
- We will be transparent and open in our practices.
- We will continue our own education in data security, encryption and best practices.
- We will educate others in data security, encryption and best practices.